Oral supplement providing high-level multi-strain probiotic bacteria to prevent diarrhoea in newborn calves.
MEDICINE – PLEASE CONTACT FOR PRICING
Provita-Protect is an oral supplement providing high-level multi-strain probiotic bacteria to prevent diarrhoea in newborn calves.
When to use:
Give to new born calves at birth; bought-in calves; after digestive upset or after antibiotic therapy.
Provita-Protect Main Features:
- The only licensed Probiotic
- Unique triple-strain 10 billion probiotic bacteria per course
- Produces bacteriocins in the gut
- Produces lactic acid
- Stimulates the immune system
- Faecal sampling showed a wide range of pathogens present during trials (E coli., salmonella, rotavirus, coronavirus and cryptosporidium)
- Re-establishes probiotic bacteria in the gut after antibiotic therapy
- Guaranteed efficacy, safety and quality.
- The high level of probiotics physically exclude harmful pathogens from attaching to the gut wall. Trials have shown an average reduction in calf scour of 83%.
- Natural antimicrobial substance which can kill harmful bacteria in the gut.
- Lower pH inhibits pathogens and improves digestion, trials have shown a 31% increase in growth rate.
- Treated calves taking part in the scour trials showed lower levels of pneumonia.
- This demonstrated Protect’s ability to protect calves against a wide range of pathogens therefore providing broad-spectrum scour prevention.
- By re-establishing probiotic bacteria after antibiotics the calf will recover quicker from a diarrhoea or pneumonia incident.
Prevention; 2 x 2.5 ml at birth / when brought on farm, 1 x 2.5 ml on day 2 and 3. At times of stress; 1 x 2.5 ml per day as required.
Doses per 100ml bottle:
10 x 10ml prevention doses or 40 x 2.5 ml individual doses.
Shipping & Returns
Order by 9pm Monday-Thursday to guarantee 2 day delivery, but please allow 5 days for remote areas.
Delivery prices are based on location and order weight. The weight limit for orders is 100kg, if you order reaches or exceeds this limit please contact us for delivery options.